22 May 2013

Jo In Sung looked stunning in press conference

Posted by Colene Hyori  |  at  6:14 PM No comments





Jo In Sung, star of 'That Winter, The Wind Blows', also starred in Spring Day and Memories in Bali has embarked on his publicity tour to Southeast Asia in promotion of his popular Korean drama series on ONE HD (Astro B.yond HD Ch 393). Jo In Sung met members of the local medias in the afternoon yesterday before gracing ONE HD's exclusive meet-and-greet at Paradigm Mall, Upper Atrium Level UG, 7.30pm.


Jo In Sung presented a humourous side of his throughout the media interview. Although he wasn't able to communicate directly with the medias in English, he answered all of the questions asked by the medias and interacted with them. Jo In Sung greeted the medias warmly and striking various pose for the photographers before the interview started. The friendly energy he brought to the room was overwhelming.


Here are some answers from Jo In Sung's Q&A session with the medias.  Get to know Oh Soo in person!



Q: Why did you choose 'That Winter, The Wind Blows' as your comeback drama after getting discharged from the military service?

A: 'That Winter, The Wind Blows' has a nice script. There are amazing actor and actress as well as production crews, there were no reason for me to reject the drama. After the military service, Martial Art was actually my comeback project but it was paused till further notice. This drama came after that and I am glad that I was given this role. It was a fortune and I am glad to be here for the drama.



Q: What research did you do before taking up the role as Oh Soo?

A: There were a lot of meetings before the drama started filming on how to take and bring the character further. It is a really special character and I was really excited.



Q: What do you think about the lead actress in 'That Winter, The Wind Blows', Song Hye-kyo?

A: Song Hye-kyo is fantastic. She is a very beautiful actress.



Q: In the drama, Oh Soo often wear big long coats, which style do you personally prefer?

A: I thank my parents for giving me the admired height, I love long coats.



Q: Is there any similarities between Jo In Sung and Oh Soo?

A: I think it is pretty similar because I showed the real me through the character, Oh Soo.




Q: Would you want to act in a romantic comedy?

A: I used to film sitcom other than drama like Non-Stop. I won't take a romantic comedy script just because I want to be in a romantic comedy. I want to see the role and to make sure I can show the role to the world. I want to show the real me.



Q: Would you label yourself as a romantic guy?

A: Yes.



Q: Who would you like to collaborate in your next project?

A: I want to be with good actors and actresses. In fact, my next project will on a big screen. It was an honour to be able to work with Song Hye-kyo.



Q: In the drama, Oh Soo reads Braille. Did you learn how to read it?

A: I didn't learn before. It was really difficult, I can't read at all. (laughs)



Q: How long did the drama filming took place?

A: I didn't really count the days, it was roughly for 5 long months. It was hard for me to leave the character after portraying it for a long time and I personally think it is not good.




Q: Which season do you like the most?

A: I like summer out of the 4 seasons because it is healthy. There was a research stating that getting lots of sunshine is a healthy thing. But I will also spend winter with a warm heart. (shy)



Q: When you took up the drama 'That Winter, The Wind Blows', did you know it was going to be such a hit?

A: I am not a fortune teller and I can't see the future. I did not know it will be this big but I've got a good feeling when I took the drama.



Q: You are having a meet-and-greet session with the fans later, what do you expect from the crowd?

A: I don't think I have many fans here. There wasn't many fans in the airport when I landed. I will expect to have 13 fans later as there was only 13 fans in the airport. (How did you know?) I've secretly counted when I was in the airport. (You went out through the VIP exit, that's why you didn't see the crowd. There were many fans!) Really? Oh.



Q: Was this your first visit to Malaysia?

A: For drama, it is the first time. I have visited Malaysia before for a commercial shooting for 2 days and 1 night.



Q: 'Running Man' did a parody on the drama 'That Winter, The Wind Blows', will you join the cast if you were invited?

A: I am not physically ready to run on 'Running Man'. (But you have long legs, it is an advantage!) Ahh. Kwang-soo has long legs and he was outstanding, he is better than me.




Q: What do you think about Malaysia?

A: I am really excited to explore Malaysia. I am happy that I will have time to explore Malaysia after the meet-and-greet session afterwards. The hotel room which I am staying right now have good sunlight, I feel healthy.



Q: Have you tried any Malaysian food?

A: No, I have not. Many have told me to try, I will. Especially durian.



Q: What do you want to achieve in the future?

A: I don't have a big desire in my career.I just feel lucky to be in this position now. I want to be more sincere in participating the projects and meeting good people. I've once heard that if you don't focus too much on what you want to achieve, you will be a lot more happier. That's why I don't have a certain plan on what I should achieve in my career.



Q: Is there any words of advice you would like to give to the junior actor/actresses who wants to be like you?

A: There are no big or small actor to me. That's why I don't consider myself as a big actor. I just want to say that they are already doing well. I hope they can keep it up.




Q: Tell us 3 things that fans doesn't know about you.

A: First, I am good looking. Second, I have a great personality. Third, I am tall. I don't think fans know these things because there was only 13 fans in the airport. (laughs)



Q: What character would you like to challenge in the future?

A: I don't really choose the character. I will take as long as it is a good project. Your choice will be limited if you limit yourself on which character you want to choose.



Q: Who would you like to work with in a drama?

A: I would like to work with Song Joong-ki as a brother in a good project. Choi Min-shik too.



Q: We can certainly see that you have great skin, how did you take care?

A: Mask, do you know mask? Face mask! Use more face mask and your skin will be good too.



Q: How do you get closer with your fans?

A: I am not a singer or performer so I have really limited time with my fans. What I do is to try to be seen on TV as much as I can.



Q: Which 'That Winter, The Wind Blows' OST song is your favourite?

A: Winter Love.



Q: Who are your close celebrity friends?

A: Song Joong-ki and Kwang-soo? Hmm I don't have many close celebrity friends, I just have the 2 of them. I think they are enough for me. (laughs)






Jo In Sung promised to be back to Malaysia soon. If you have not watch the drama, ONE HD is doing a re-run! Make sure you don't miss it this time.


Re-running by popular demand from 1 June, airing on Saturdays & Sundays at 3.15pm
In Dual Sound, Only on ONE HD (Astro B.yond Ch 393)


Colene Hyori

Blogger from ColeneHyori.blogspot.com.

Get Updates

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

Share This Post

Related posts

0 comments:

    Colene Hyori's K-Blog. Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Blogger templates. Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top